Portugal is easy and quick to get to from the UK, by a variety of methods.
- Multiple daily scheduled flights (TAP & BA) go from London Heathrow and Gatwick to Porto (2 hr) or Lisbon (2 1/4 hr).
- Daily flights (Portugalia) from Manchester and Edinburgh to Porto and Lisbon .
- Daily flights (Ryanair) from London Stansted, Bristol, Liverpool and Manchester to Porto.
- Ferry to northern Spain , Bilbao (P&O) or Santander (Brittany Ferries) then by car across northern Spain, entering Portugal at Villa Formosa (6 1/2hr drive to Central Portugal / 7 1/2 hr to Western Portugal ).
- Ferry to northern France (numerous carriers), then by car across France or down the western French coast (7-8 hrs depending on point of entry) and across northern Spain (7-8 hrs), (more comfortable with one overnight stop).
- Eurostar to Paris, then using TGV / AVE / Alfa Pendular from Paris to Coimbra (book here). The most eco-friendly choice!
We are happy to advise on all travel options and provide routing as required.